Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

The trip home was good. I'm back in school at Mason and started my 12 hour workdays yesterday. Right now I have an hour break between class and work so I'm checking email in the theatre office.

Many people want to know what happened with Lauren and Marco... I will tell. Saturday night after Marco got off work He, Lauren, and I went down to the Zocalo and picked a random bar to hang out at. I was really hoping we would run into the other GMU peeps down there, but it was either too late or too cold. Although I was enjoying the two for one beer specials at El Rincon Bohemia I was shivering way too much and told them I wanted to go home. Lauren said she'd be ok by herself with Marco, and I agreed. She was more worried about me stumbling home alone. So I got home about 2:30. Barbara was packing. I fell asleep with my clothes on.

The next morning I got woken up at 8am by a panicked Kim on the phone. "Is Lauren with you?" "Um... no" "When was the last time you saw her?" "um... 3am at the Zocalo, with Marco" "I'm freaking out" "I can tell" "Should I call Professor Lee?" "Not yet, I'm sure she's fine, just wait there, Barbara and I will try to call the restaurant"

I hung up the phone and Barbara called Caminitos and left a message on the answering machine saying we can't find Lauren and we are very worried and she was last seen with Marco and please call us back with any information on how to track him down.

Kim called back. Still freaking out. We told her to give Lauren until 9am. We figured that would be enough daylight time to have woken her up and gotten home, but still enough time before the bus was supposed to leave for the airport to do some serious investigation.

Barbara and I got ready to go. Both of us were really scared. I felt so guilty because I was the last one to see her. We both kept coming up with these hoffific ideas of what could have happened to her.

At 8:58 Kim called again. Oh Shit-we were sure she had called Professor Lee.

No. Lauren had just walked in. Finally. Two minutes before the deadline. Aparently her host parents were getting in the car to go look for her when her cab pulled up. That was a close one.

She explained that since it was so friggin cold outside, she and Marco went to his apartment and just hung out and watched TV. Apparently she fell asleep. She woke up in the morning and freaked out about the time and got home as soon as she could.

So everything is fine. She misses him a lot.


I just keep thinking about that panicked message we left on the answering machine at his job. Tee hee. Wendy is going to yell at him!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home