Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Friday, January 16, 2004

Today the whole GMU group had lunch at the Hacienda de Cortez. It is the former home of Hernan Cortez, and I believe a sugar refinery as well. It's over 400 years old. Crazy. It was SOOO cold. Not just there, but everywhere around here is cold. Every day we shiver in our open air classrooms. And the restaurant on the grounds of the Hacienda is completely open as well, with vines growing up into the ceiling. It was beautiful, but we all ordered coffee and soup to warm ourselves up.

I understand that it is much colder back home... but at least you guys have coats and heaters! This kind of weather is very abnormal here and nobody is prepared. It's like an alaskan heat wave. One of the professors from a different college said he's been coming to Cuernavaca every January for the past 20 years and has never seen rain here. It has rained 3 days this week! So wierd. The streets are all flooded.

That reminds me. Yesterday when I left the internet cafe without Barbara, I FINALLY found the direct bus home! That knowledge is going to be very handy in this weather. Was it a coincidence that I got home faster on my own? mmmm.... just kidding Barbara!

Also, before the rumors start flying... that comment from my dad was an isolated joke. I am not romanically involved with any of the locals. If anyone were involved it would be Marco and Lauren. I'm happy for her, but I don't get it. She hardly said a damn word to the guy and he's crazy for her. I was singing and juggling and dancing and joking, and she just sat there staring at him with these puppy dog eyes. Once again, I'm 'the funny one.' Story of my life.

Please guys, explain this to me. Why do you always go for the boring ones? (no offense to Lauren... this is a generalization about the rest of my life)
I'm sorry, but I'm not going stop living la vida loca just to fit into some femenine steriotype. I like singing along with the radio! I like watching cartoons! I like dancing! I like getting drunk! I like touching the stage at concerts! I like playing video games! I'm up on the pop culture! I go with the flow! If I wasn't me I'd really want to hang out with me. To bad I have the attention span of a fruit fly or I might have taken over the world by now.

While I'm on the subject. I would like to apologise to anyone ever neglected to pay sufficent attention to. It's a medical problem that I get treatment for. Since the classes are so small my teacher got really annoyed at me this week because he could tell that I was spacing out constantly. It happens. Then I would really piss him off by knowing the answer even though I wasn't paying attention... ha ha... he had no idea who he was dealing with. 12 years of catholic school without ritalin... I'm da BS masta! Anyways, I was just thinking that sometimes I really space out and people who don't know me might think it's because I'm not interested... but it's totally opposite... maybe you mentioned something that made me think about something else that made me think about something else... its unintentional and I'm sorry.

Speaking of BS. Yesterday in class we learned the importance of proper pronunciation.
Nick tried to say, 'I have a small fear of stray dogs.' 'Tengo un poco miedo de perros en la calle'
What he really said, 'I have a little dog shit from the street.' 'Tengo un poco mierdo de perro de la calle'

Speak clearly.

You never know who is listening.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home