Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Nothing super interesting has happened since Monday. Todays class was really boring. We are learning about Direct and Indirect Object pronouns and it feels like my teacher (who refuses to speak english) is talking faster and faster by the hour. My brain is fried. I only have two more days of mandatory college spanish classes EVER!!! I would like to continue to learn, but not for a grade. I might come back here someday, this town is really all about the spanish language schools. Lauren and I are meeting up with some people we met from another school in a couple hours.

Yesterday Barbara and I had a laundry adventure. Apparently 'fluff and fold' is the standard at the laundromats here. We didn't realise this so we waited until the last possible minute not knowing we would be without clothes for at least 24 hours. So we embarked on a journey to find a self-serve laundromat. (Actually I think the truth is that Barbara is high-mainenence about her clothes. As many of you know I adore the idea of someone else washing my stinky socks.) It took us over an hour to find a place. And even then a woman helped us. (good thing- the dryer was gas powered... BIG FLAMES!!!) Apparently they don't trust the blondes with the heavy machinery.

Afterwards we treated ourself to Argentinian Steaks at a place called Las Lunas across the street. Sooooo good.

I'm finally getting used to stuff here, but at the same time I really need to go home. I miss everybody so much. I'm really nervous about this semester. I left school in December with so many projects unfinished, and so many new ones coming up! I've tried to work on Venus as much as possible, but it's hard enough to memorize my vocabulary words every night without ritalin, much less the bizarre poeticized language in Venus.

It will work out alright in the end. How? It's a mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home