Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Today was my second day of class. I tried to get on the computers at school yesterday but they are these ten year old Apples on dial-up... not good. And there´s only 6 computers for all 100 students at the school. So we walked about a mile to the center of the city and found a nice airconditioned internet cafe.

My class is really fun. There are 4 students in my class and we are all from Mason. We got to know eachother pretty well on the trip to acapulco, so we´re really comfortable about joking around in spanish in class. My teacher is a local woman with 3 children. She´s nice, but too serious. My objective in writing my sentences in class is to make her laugh. ¡Me gusta la cerveza! She liked that one.

Since my last blog entry:
Went on a party boat around the bay of Acapulco.
I slept in a $10 motel room.
Saw the famous La Quebrada cliff divers 35 meters high!
Got my picture taken with the famous cliff divers.
Walked along the cliffs.
Swam in a cove of the Pacific where this guy brought us eighty cent Coronas on the beach.
Got a seriously painful sunburn.
Some of the guys did some mini cliff diving with the local boys.
Went to the touristy beach and swam in the bay.
Watched the sunset over the Pacific.
Tried to sleep on the bus ride home, but couldn´t because they were watching The Matrix Reloded dubbed in Spanish and every time the bus went over a bump the screen shook and blinked. I got a little sick with the combination of extreme sun, lack of sleep, a seat too close to the bathroom, strobe light-style Matrix, and what sounded like gibberish over the roar of the bus engine.

Today is the Fiesta de los Tres Reyes (the three kings) this is the day that children here get Christmas presents. Alicia´granddaughter was telling us all about it. She´s about 5 and was VERY excited. There is also this tradition called the Pan de Reyes. It is a circle of sweet bread with little plastic baby Jesus dolls inside. if you get a slice of bread with a Muñeca (doll) you have to throw a party on Feb 2nd. Since we aren´t going to be here that long Alicia said that since Barbara and I both got Muñecas we have to buy her beer. That´s ok... she bought last time.

My computer says I have 2 minutes left so until next time...
Sorry to those people I was IMing... or NOT IMing.
I´ll try to get back soon.

Be good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home