Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Benvenidos A Mexico!!

Todo Bien!
¡¡¡Estoy en Acapulco!!!

We had a day and a half off today and tomorrow so 12 of the 15 of us hopped a bus to Acapulco beach. We are staying in this little motel... dont worry. My valuables were not left unattended. The Pacific is beautiful! And there are palm trees everywhere.

Class starts monday. Im a little nervous about getting a semesters worth of spanish all learned up in only 10 days! My group is fun. My roommate, Barbara, is really cool and sitting next to me at the internet cafe. Computer use costs about $1.50 US and I cant find the apostrophe on the keyboard so you probably wont hear from me every day. I just wanted to let everyone know that Im fine and having crazy adventures with lots of really nice strangers. Im trying to get my host family to take me to a soccer game. I asked them to take me to a bull fight but Barbara and my host mother got into this big thing about it being cruel and sad and horrible and stuff. Yes, it probably is. But I wanted to see for myself. But since my spanish eees not so good, I said OK, just soccer then.

The house I am staying in is small but beautiful. It is a 2 bed 2 bath with a swimming pool inside a gated community. Our host mother seems very well off. Her late husband was mayor of the city. When we got here we took a nap. By the time we woke up she told us it was too late to go exploring the city... but that she would buy us beer. So the three of us walked to the corner store and got these 40s of Corona. It said ´CORONA FAMILIA´on the label. It says familia because it is family sized. So we went back to the house and Alicia´s (our mama) sisters came over and they did Tequila shots while Barbara and I politely sipped our beers. Then Alicia and I got into a small competition at dinner over who could handle the most Jalepeño. I let her win by one... I didn´t want to be rude.

Did ya notice I found the apostrophe? But not the quotation marks... maybe next time.
ok times almost up.

Check back in a couple days!

Love,
Meegs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home