Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Thursday, January 15, 2004

I am SO sick of class!!! Only one more day!

Last night Marco took Lauren, Kim, and myself to a mexican club. We were the first ones there and it was like 1am. We danced a bunch, but even though I think Lauren wanted to spend more time with Marco, Kim and I insisted on getting some sleep. It feels kinda cool to have a friend in Mexico. I mean my host mom Alicia is very cool, and could totally drink me under the table, but it's nice that we have a Cheers-type relationship with the guys at La Camineta. Marco says he wants to keep in touch with us over email, but I'm sure many of you are rolling your eyes at that because I have enough trouble keeping in touch with family members, former roomates, and god-children. In reality it is very unlikely that I will actually keep up correspondence with a waiter I hung out with for a week in México, but am I supposed to say? 'No, I'm glad that we're friends, but you'll probably never hear from me again because I have severe attention-deficit-disorder. You're lucky I even remember your name... oooh look something shiny!' I don't know how to translate ADD.

Saturday is Andréa's birthday. She is the grandaughter of my host moms. She's turning 4 and she's so smart. She is my best spanish tutor. There's going to be a huge party with a piñata and everything. I want to go buy her a present but I have no idea what a 4 year old mexican girl would want. I'm thinking candy. All kids love candy.

It's kinda wierd. I'm finally getting the hang of this place and it's almost time to leave. I would like to come back... on my own without GMU... they just make things difficult. Alicia said I could stay with her anytime and it would be cheaper than going through the school. There are a lot of americans here that work part time in the bars after their language classes. It's probably illegal because they just work for tips, but nobody cares. The only hesitation I have about being here for an extended amount of time is the severe pollution. This town is about the size of Winchester or Fredricksburg, but has all the pollution of NYC or LA. Sometimes after hanging out in the Zocalo, I feel like I've been rolling around in dirt... BUT I WASN'T! I was just having coffee outside.

I'm not sure what else to write about... Barbara is supposed to meet me here when she is done shopping, but she has no concept of time (we make great roomates). It is now time for the question and answer period. Email me with your questions at megan@kelleher.net and I will do my best to answer them. Our operators are standing by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home