Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

The weather was actually less than painfully cold today.

The campus is all abuzz because the two leading Democratic candidates visited GMU in the past two days. Mason was all over CNN. Larry King actually interviewed Kerry from the GMU Bookstore, and linked him via satellite with Dole in Moscow. Fairfax to Moscow! wow!

Unfortunately you won't see me on the telly because I was in rehearsal for Venus the entire time. I took a peek at the pandemonium in the Johnson Center while we were on break, but I didn't really get to see anything. I was impressed at the music selection for the Kerry rally. Much better than the Edwards music. Kerry uses U2. Edwards - Mellencamp. yeah. I wish I had known that before I voted... might have made a difference.

I decided not to vote for Dean. I really like most of his platforms, but he's from Vermont. I keep hearing stuff like, "he's implemented this policy already in Vermont" or look at his record in Vermont. Come ON people it's VERMONT. That might work to his advantage if he was running for president of Canada, but he's NOT. Down here in the good old U S of A we don't wear snowshoes, or drive carabou. Ha! Canada doesn't even HAVE a president! They have a Prime Minister!

I didn't vote for Kerry, because he has a wierd nose. Now many of you might say, "But Megan, don't you like wierd noses?" and I answer you in a roundabout way by saying, "yes, but no" There's a difference between a pronounced nose and a got socked in the face two many times by my stepmom nose. But now that I know he (or his campaign team) like U2, maybe I can look past the nose and support him. (and try to get tickets to the inauguration so I can meet Bono)

In the end, I voted for Edwards, because it seemed like a good idea at the time. There was a cute guy outside asking me to sign up for the Mt. Vernon Democrats email list and I got all flustered. Actually I preferred Edwards' healthcare plan. I don't really understand it. But it's there. Besides he took the time to visit GMU before the polls closed.

And I signed up for the email list.

I know I know, Republicans have more money, but until you introduce me to a cute republican, I'll be at the Kerry rally singing along with Bono.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home