Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Thursday, February 05, 2004

So we are NOT special. There were valentine lollypops all over the hall yesterday. That sucks. If you are going to give girls stuff and make them feel good about themselves at least use a little variety! Maybe alternate red and pink so people think maybe they are the only ones on the floor with RED lollypops. I really hate valentines day. If people are really in love they should express it every day so there's really no need to create a holiday to remind the lonely and bitter people how lonely and bitter we are.

Things for "Moo" are starting to take off. I think I've assembled a pretty good team of designers. If only I had a Stage Manager. Does anyone know a good SM I could have? SMs can make or break a show, so this is very stressful.

"Venus" is going to be a great show, but I could REALLY use a day off. I am SO burnt out right now. I actually had to pull out my calendar to schedule 3 hours of shopping time with Maggie and Danielle on Sunday and just before I left to meet them I checked my bank balance and found out I had negative money in my account. That hasn't happened in years. It only happened because when Lena's dad died last week I lent her some money for her plane ticket to Korea for the funeral. I've never been very good with math.

I never have time to do my reading for my classes. At rehearsal during the 5 minutes that I'm actually NOT onstage I always pull a gymnastics mat out and take a nap on the floor. I don't know my lines at all because the second I get home from rehearsal every night at 11:30pm I watch the Daily Show, then Futurama, and if I can manage to stay awake long enough, Family Guy. It's the only way I have any idea what is going on in the world. Then I shove everything that was on my bed onto the floor, and what seems like two minutes later the sun is up and I have to go to class again at 9am. I scheduled myself with morning classes so I could take afternoon naps, but that hasn't happened even once this semester. I fill my naptime with meetings and work hours. It sucks. No really. The suck is turned so far up on my life right now that the dial broke.

Also I still have what feels like mosquito bites on my leg from Mexico. It's probably some new fatal illness that hasn't been discovered yet. Well, until it's discovered I'll keep scratching at it. Speaking of Mexico, my teacher liked my website. So I don't think I'm going to fail anymore. All I need are Cs in all my classes and I'm totally out of here. I'm going to miss the university community, but I'm definitely NOT going to miss my classes. I love being in college, but I hate Gen Ed. Courses and graduation requirements.

I went to get my exit audit done and apparently there was a glitch, I was missing two credits of "Fine Arts outside the Major" say what??? I went to ART SCHOOL for a year!! But those credits never transferred. how convenient. So I had to add another class to my schedule. I've talked to a bunch of my professors about it, including the head of the department, and they all make comments like, "This class really won't affect your workload much." or "eh, just take the class." I even talked to Rick, the associate dean and also the teacher of the class and he scoffed and said, "you will be an asset to the class" and I'm like "What IS the class??" The best answer I could get is that it's the kind of class that only meets for like one hour every two weeks but to make up for the other hours, you go see plays and visit art galleries and write papers about what you see. Oh yeah I do that stuff in my "free time" anyways, but writing papers about it... ? I cannot name names but one of my teachers actually implied that the class is a joke, but took it back immediately because it's unprofessional to say stuff like that. Still it's the principal of the thing. I took drawing, painting, sculpture, art history, and graphic design. I have a friggin portfolio... somewhere around here. I can't even get the 2 credits? Everyone I asked said this class I'm signed up for is easier than trying to set up a portfolio review with the art department. I'll give it a try.

I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead.



"You are the all singing all dancing scum of the universe."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home