Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Still sleeping on the air-mattress

I hadn't realized a whole week had gone by since my last entry. I
suppose its because whenever I get any free time with the Sidekick I
spend it searching Craigslist for apartments.

My current roomies are moving to a highrise in a "safer" part of town.
Safer=expensive. This neighboorhood is already pretty "safe" as it is.
Everyone else I know who is living in Chicago past August is already set
on where they'll be so I'm starting to worry. I wouldn't mind living at
the hostel. I've stayed there so many times now it has a sentimental
quality to it. But it would be nice to have a semi-permanent address to
put on my tax forms when I get hired.

Speaking of getting hired, I got a part time job at Curves. My first
day was today. Its not enough to pay the rent, but it will keep me from
getting deeper in the hole. Starbucks stopped returning my calls. I
totally thought my interview went well, but whatever. I was only using
them for their health insurance anyhow.

I'm really sorry to say this, but I'm getting sick of The Cubs. They've
played home games every day this week, and its really exhausting trying
to go ...anywhere or do ...anything when theres a home game. I even get
caught in traffic on my bike. The only way to beat them is to join them
but the tickets are so expensive. The cheapest I've found were $20 even
halfway into the game.

I was talking to a guy at IO last night who used to work on a cruise
ship. Maybe I should just go ahead and do that. Room and board paid
for, nothing to do but work my ass off and save up some money. I'm so
tired of oweing people money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home