Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Friday, July 08, 2005

The Terror Won't Find Me Under the Snow.

So in case you haven't been paying attention I'm still in Chicago...
Anyways... This morning getting on the L I got interviewed by local news
lady. She asked if I had any reservations about getting on the L "in
light" of recent events. I hate how the words "in light" are always
used in reference to terrorist attacks. Ugh.

I said I hadn't even thought about it until you just mentioned it. "So
you're not afraid?" Well we all have to get to work. I have to get to
where I'm going - unless you're offering me a ride to the airport?
"Um..no, so you're not bothered by the additional security?" Well I'm
from D.C. so I feel pretty safe in Chicago.

If I can ride the Metro every day in the most hated city in the world,
then I'm sure I can ride the L a day after an attack across the ocean.
I mean Chicago's only crime against the world would be feeding people
too well. Besides Al Queda always attacks at 9am-ish and I have to be
at the airport by 7:30.

She really wanted me to be scared. Evil representative of the media -
you guys are the real terrorists. Now I'm over-thinking it and feeling
claustrophobic in the tunnels under the tallest building in the world.
I would be scared if you hadn't told me to be.

Mmm... I smell popcorn

1 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2005 11:01 PM, Blogger Buggie said…

    I live in DC but would rather live in Chicago. Do you ever go to Stanley's in Lincoln Park? I am terrified of the cabs in Chicago. Those drivers have no fear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home