Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

I started to write this as a comment to Chimera's blog about a failure to fund a September 11th Memorial


But I realised how long it had gotten so figured it should be on my own blog. Now I do agree it is important to point out how selfish these big companies can be. But the following was my initial gut response:


"AND none of these companies donated to the "Megan's Therapist fund" or maybe the "let's stop pissing off other countries fund!"

My selfish side would rather they NOT build a memorial because I have spent most of the past 4 years trying to forget the taste of burnt people in my lungs and months of repetetive hypnotic media coverage teaching us to unite as one nation under hate... but that's just me.

When a country starts banning science from textbooks in favor of radical fundamentalism, or talks about forcing it's citizens to register with a national ID card, I think we need to review our priorities... before our friends start sewing Stars of David on their coats or wear mandatory armbands that say "I am a Muslim."

Ooops where did all that come from?



Now I see why Scientology caught on so easily... sometimes I wish a magical spaceship would come take me away from all this too!


It will happen very slowly. Our rights will disappear little by little in the name of national security. One day we will wake up and realise that our own government has already taken away the only things we really have in this world worth protecting - freedom and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home