Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's lonely at the top... or so I imagine. I've never really been to the top so I don't really know how it is there. But from what I hear its pretty lonely.

Why do we long to get to the top? What's the point of being on top if it's lonely? I was planning on saying goodbye to people this week, but I feel like that's already been done. Has it? I guess one of the requirements of growing up is that you lose touch with people you thought you could never do without. That really sucks.

I feel like I just want to sneak away into the night. I want to mysteriously disappear. I guess the problem is that I said goodbye almost a year ago and everyone is thinking, "Didn't you already leave? ...geez Megan, how many times to we have to say goodbye to you before you go?" Just GO!

Don't worry guys... I'm going.


My mom talked me out of selling my TV. She's right... I'd never get that much for it. She kept saying it will be here when I get back. Why have I become this joke? I move away and come back so much that everyone just assumes I'll be back again. I can't help it if I'm kinda attached to you guys. I'm so sorry that's such a joke to the rest of you.

There's something different about this time. It's not me just randomly deciding to go. There are things out there pulling me away from here. Nobody here is asking me to stay. (Except maybe Luci who keeps forgetting that I'm leaving and keeps trying to make plans to hang out next week). I even auditioned for an improv troupe in hopes that they would give me a reason to stay... the only improv troupe in DC that I'm really interested in... and I didn't even get a callback. So that was it. So it seems that it is time.

Chicago was a good time. L.A. welcomed me with open arms. D.C. is totally giving me the cold shoulder. OK guys, I can take a hint. I'm packing right now.

buh-BYE

2 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Danni said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At June 29, 2005 10:31 PM, Blogger Danni said…

    I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I'm not asking you to stay is because I see, just like you do, that this is an amazingly awesome opportunity for you, not only as a person but also as an actor, and I don't want to hold you back from it. I would be scared sh*tless, too, believe me, and I WILL miss you. But it's also not like you're leaving the planet, you're just a two hour plane trip away, and (I hope everyone will agree with me) never far from our thoughts or hearts through the miracle of the internet! I know you're going to have a blast - and if you see John Cusack, tell him I got tired of waiting for him and have moved on with my life!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home