Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, September 26, 2004

So the day after I got back from Chicago I started working as a full time casting assistant for Carlyn Davis Casting. The first week was kind of hellish. I did nothing but work and sometimes sleep. I didn't see anybody or do anything. I was pretty much miserable.

This week has been MUCH better! I'm still working like a dog, but I'm kind of getting the hang of it now. I still don't particularly like the job, but now I at least know I can handle it, and I don't run away and cry as much anymore. I even had a little time for socializing this week. On Tuesday I went to kareoke for the first time in months. Jess came too and I found out her dirty little secret that she has the ability to sing. Who knew?

Wednesday night was the most fun. Weggie and I went to see the Zach in the alumni show at the DCImprov. Afterwards all the comedy school peeps went over to Rumors for drinks and stuff. Weggie went back to GMU, but Zach and I headed over to the bar. On the way there we kind of dared eachother into doing something... unusual. We went into a "gentleman's club"... but just for like two minutes! We were just walking past... and there was no cover charge... no cover - haha... anyways.

So we just walked in, and the doorman sat us at a table right in front of the tiny stage. It was kinda wierd and depressing in there. There was one girl, just takin off her unnawears, like she had just gotten home from work. She wasn't even dancing or anything. Then there was another girl in frilly underthings who was polishing the mirrors and the trim behind the first girl. I said,"oh, how nice, she's cleaning." She may be a stripper, but she's far from dirty.

We were doing fine, until we realised that they were probably going to make us order something. I said, "I don't think I want to stay long enough to have an entire drink" and he said, "I don't really want to spend money on an entire drink." So what do we do? We plotted out a few quick scenarios involving me slapping him or throwing water in his face, but I went with the simple route and just grabbed my purse and stormed out with my eyes low in a "I'm so embarrassed and hurt" kind of way. As I pushed past the bouncers marching down the street and Zach ran after me yelling, "Honey! Wait!" the bouncers totally bought it. They were like, "Aaaaaaaaawwww DAAAAAMN!" We caused quite a scene in the street. I think the bouncers will be talking about it for a while. Yay for public displays of improv!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home