Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Today is a little crazy. I leave for improv class at the DC Improv in a few minutes. Then I have to go straight out to the BOX afterwards to work until late. It's really odd to ALL of us that once a year the Center for the Arts Concert Hall is home to a bodybuilding competition. But hey, its more hours and therefore more money.

Speaking of money. I had the best news ever yesterday. I actually got hired for the first commercial I EVER auditioned for. That's pretty unusual. Most of the time people have to go on dozens of auditions before they are even considered. A beginning actor shouldn't be surprised if they go on a hundred auditions before being hired. I win! It's like winning the lottery.

So yay for me!

Oh yeah, and all that dreary stuff I was talking about last week. I'm still feeling it, but not as drastic. My 4th of July sucked. I fell asleep early and when friends stopped by my mom told them I wasn't home even though my car was in the driveway. She claims she didn't know I was there. Very frustrating. I couldn't even get a decent nights sleep as I was bored out of my mind because the fireworks were so loud they kept waking me up. I have come to hate major holidays lately. People expect you to do stuff. there is such a peer pressure to go out on holidays and birthdays that you feel like a loser if you don't. Like what I want to do on a sunday night is sit in traffic, then sit on the ground in the mud and wait for things to explode over my head the same way they've been exploding every year for the past 27 years, then sit in even more traffic to get home. I'd rather stay home on those nights and go out on different nights. It's like my birthday last year. Why did I have to announce it was my birthday to get people I love to hang out with me? I feel like people should hang out with me because they want to, not to fulfill some societal obligation involving flame.

That's why Michael and I had that fake surprise party for him last year. It was the most successful party ever. People made it a priority because of the ritual of birthdays. Since it was a "surprise" it was ten times more exciting. A lot of people were mad at us for lying about the surprise... they laughed it off and had a good time anyways... but if they had known it wasn't really a surprise would our party have been so high up on their priority list? Probably not. It's sad that we have to lie to people and guilt them into having a good time.

I really can't stand people lately.

On Thursday I never got out of my pajamas, it was disgusting. I haven't been blogging as often because I don't have anything interesting going on in my life. ...Unless you count lounging on the couch and watching Queer Eye or Celebrity Poker with my mom every night exciting. Sometimes I'll watch something cool like Pulp Fiction, or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but then my mom decides to sit down and watch it with me... and that's no good so I switch it.

I'm counting down the hours until my trip to Comedy Mecca. And who knows? Maybe I won't come back. I feel like there's nothing for me here. As Luci said, "I feel like everything I do is in preparation to move somewhere else." I bought my plane ticket last night, and I only bought one way, because I'm not sure when I want to come back.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home