Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, April 18, 2004

I haven't been able to concentrate on anything important today. Maybe it's the weather. The cliche guys in shorts and burkinstocks have been throwing the frisbee around listening to Dave Matthews and Jimmy Buffett and it makes me ill. Not the fact that they are throwing a frisbee around, just the fact that they are so stereotypical.

I feel a little sicky today. I'm on the edge of something important, but I don't know if I want to jump off. I mean I want to be already off the edge. It's the jumping part that's scary. And maybe jumping is not a good idea. Maybe it just looks good. But I won't know until I jump. The Comedy Bible had me list 5 thing that were doable, but would take me outside my comfort zone. Then I am to chose one and DO IT DO IT! This I have chosen to do this week is number one. This is the scariest thing I know. I like to think it wouldn't mind being done but I can't be sure until I've tried to do it. Those of you who know what it is are probably laughing at me. Those of you who have no idea, it's better that way. If I do this scary thing then I will tell you all about it after it's done. Until then it must remain a surprise. Because the ridicule of telling everyone I would do it and then not doing it would be the worse thing... actually the worst thing will be if I make a weak attempt to do the thing and it doesn't work out. That would be worse. But even if I fail, I can at least be proud of myself for trying and then learn from my mistakes.

This beginning of this week is going to be so tough. Monday a paper is due. Tuesday another paper and a presentation are due. Wednesday is the best day to do the thing that I am scared to do. Thursday is Mason Day. So I'm going to try to use that as a reward. I'm not allowed to go to the liquer store and stock up for Mason Day until I have done these things:

1. Paper for History
2. Presentation for Greek&Roman Comedy
3. Paper for ADD (Advanced Directing & Dramaturgy)
4. Do the scary thing.

In that order. I wish I could do the scary thing now. But I wonder if I'm just using my worry about the scary thing to avoid thinking about whether The Taming of the Shrew showed that Shakespeare was undermining the social structure of the time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home