Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

It has come to my attention that a lot of people don't know what Second City is, or why I am so damn excited about spending a week there. I will attempt to elaborate.

Second City is an improv-based theatre in Chicago that was founded in 1959 and has been a starting point for such comic actors as: Alan Arkin, Peter Boyle, Harold Ramis, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, John Candy, Martin Short, Gilda Radner, George Wendt, Jim Belushi, Bonnie Hunt, Mike Myers, Ryan Stiles, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Tim Meadows, Chris Farley, Nia Vardalos and now Melissa Topsher, Zach Meyers, and Megan Kelleher.

In short.
It's REALLLLLLY COOOOOL!

I'm definitely going. Melissa sent her application yesterday. I think Zach is coming too, but I haven't heard the final verdict yet. I wish Meggie was coming too, but she just found out that she was accepted for an internship with the Kennedy Center. That's pretty cool too, and much harder to achieve. So congrats to Meggie! We will work together again soon.

A week is not much time to spend at a place, but I'll see if I like it, and see if they like me, and maybe I will apply for more classes there. If I don't like Chicago, then the treasure will be the wonderful memories we are creating.



"The tall skinny one wants dry white toast, and the short one wants four whole fried chickens and a coke!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home