Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I've been seeing some of that "be careful what you blog" karma today so I would like to set the record straight about a few things.

This is not me.

This blog is not the real three dimensional me. I know you know that, but I just wanted to send out a little reminder. I have millions of tiny thoughts that never make it to my mouth, much less the keyboard. I only write about the ones that I think are interesting enough that are actually in my head when I have access to email. So that narrows things down a lot.

Yes I was very depressed this week. Very. I have been nervous about my move, and in a lot of financial trouble. I also came down off of one of the best weeks in my life via a 6 hour red-eye flight full of screaming babies. But today I had my LAST day of work at The Box (again) and I feel like one of the many little weights has been lifted. And there's other stuff happened today that's on a need to know basis and right now you don't need to know.

My point is, there's always other stuff that you don't need to know. There are so many things I don't share... this site gets an average of 40 hits a day, this is a very impersonal, public forum. I don't feel comfortable sharing the WHOLE me with that many people, and sometimes I just plain forget to say stuff.

I purposely share my moments of depression because I feel like some stranger out there might be having the same problem and if she stumbles on my writing she might say to herself, "wow, here's someone who feels like I do, maybe I can deal" Besides... I think it's healthier to write about it than to hide in my room and tell people I don't want to go out because "I don't feel good" That never did me any good in the past, so I'm trying a different route.

On the other hand, I have advertized this page to my friends as a way to keep up with my adventures so I will try to show a more rounded perspective on my life. I promise to try to equal out the good with the bad, so my life doesn't look 100% dreary, because when you average it out it's probably only about 10% dreary with a chance of thunder storms. But I will not lie and tell everyone I'm ok when I'm not. I'm done with that. Statistically speaking I know more than one of you reading this is "not ok" too. And that's ok. It's ok to be not ok. Just don't lie about it, ok?

I am at home with the me that is on this adventure.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home