Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, April 02, 2005

untitled

I feel like writing, but I don't know what about.

Today I had some of my CDC friends help me record myself for an
audition. It feels wierd to be standing around talking with my friends
one second and then be flailing around on the floor attempting to do a
Kirstie Ally impression the next. Sometimes things just sound better
when you are alone in your car. Anything seems like a good idea when
you are talking to yourself in Beltway traffic. Even doing an
impersonation of someone who impersonates Bono for a living. What was I
thinking? Now I'm thinking I might borrow a camera and call a do-over.

I really hate auditioning in front of friends. I'd much rather make a
fool of myself in front of complete strangers than be seen by trusted
peers who will give me honest feedback.

I've never felt comfortable doing impressions, but I suppose I have to
start somewhere. They say to go with what you know... I know a lot
about Bono and I know a little something about being a "Fat Actress" the
only other subject I'm well versed in is They Might Be Giants, but
although a few of you might chuckle at my feeble attempts at a Flansy
impression, the general public would fade into pop culture oblivion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home