Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

So the other day in Baltimore I had my first experience at an INconvenience store. It's called the Schnapps Shoppe (catchy name). I was looking for supplies for my journey back to DC through Friday afternoon traffic. Thinking perhaps of a Red Bull, a large bottle of water and some kind of healthy snack in bar form preferably a Luna bar because I like to balance my Redbull with my organic grains. Anyways the door to the Schnapps Shoppe was locked... which seemed odd since it was a friday afternoon... and I saw a small asian woman in the cavernous darkness of the Baltimore basement corner store. So I started to walk away thinking perhaps today is a holiday that I had forgotten about... but then I heard a buzz. The woman in the store was buzzing me in! So I tenatively entered the dingy Schnapps Shoppe and discovered she had locked herself in some kind of safety cage or "panic room" with the cash register. It was a little intimidating... or perhaps I was a little intimidating to her. I don't know. We both avoided eye contact. Or maybe only I avoided eye contact... I'm not really sure since I didn't look at her.

But to answer your question. YES they did sell schnapps... of several different varieties.


and that's why it was the best summer ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home