Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I would like to thank my loyal fans: Meggie, Elise, Jade, Zach B, and Mike S. for coming out to see "The Women" this weekend as well as my family and extended family. We sure ended with a bang! This was such a great cast to work with. Its unbelievable that so many women could work together for 3 months and still get along so well!

The exhaust pipe will have to wait! I have too much to do! My next project is a student film shooting in Baltimore over the next couple weeks, and then a show at the DC Improv. Woohoo!

Its almost time to start thinking about the "SUMMER OF IMPROV!!!" in Chicago!

The DC Comedy Fest 2005 was GREAT! I'm still geeking out about it. My workshop instructors included Mark Sutton (from Chicago), Justin Warner (formerly of DC WIT! and now a performer/writer in NYC), and Topher Bellavia (a bigshot instructor over at WIT!). They were all fabulous. But the greatest part of the weekend was the sense of community in the air at the little Warehouse Theatre.

I ran into Canadian Cindy and her husband Mr. Cindy (I mean Steve) from the DICS cult over at the DC Improv. I met a girl from visiting from Vienna (AUSTRIA not Virginia!) and a guy from England. I worked with people I had seen on stage before in WIT!, Comedy Sportz, DICSC, and Chicago. It was cool to see a lot of familiar faces from the Improv scene in DC coming out of the woodwork... possibly like the early Christians under Roman oppression... meeting in secret in an abandoned warehouse... hiding from the eyes of the conservative government meeting at the huge DC Convention Center across the street... ok so maybe thats a stretch. But it really felt to me like a big inside joke. Nobody else knows how much comedy talent was jam packed into that building all weekend. And I cannot express enough to my girlfriends how many nerdarific improv hotties were there roaming free in their natural habitat. Wow.

Yeah... I just do improv to meet guys... its true.

No I don't, it's just a perk. But seriously, I had a great time and it felt good and I was so excited to get the invitation from Allyson when I got home that I would get to show off my new mad skillz in April. Yeeha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home