Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, August 29, 2004

In my year of blog review... I noticed that there was a lot of Chicago anticipation but very little Chicago interpretation... or stories.

I will share one:

The Dunkin Donuts Theme Song

On thursday Mel and I took the bus to class because I had hurt my ankle pretty bad earlier in the week. (It was a horrific fat girl on fat girl collision, and I'd rather not revisit it right now thankyouverymuch). As we were walking from North Clark to Wells St, we saw a crazy lady wearing a sandwich board that said "FREE COFFEE" and since we were planning on purchasing coffee at an overpriced national chain coffee establishment in Pipers Alley we thought we'd investigate the "FREE!"

The coffee was being distributed by a Dunkin Donuts inside a gas station convenience store. I ask you... what is more convenient than free coffee? Nothing.

So we asked the Chicago type guys behind the counter, "what do we have to do to get free coffee?" A kid said, "nothing" but the smartass manager said, "you have to sing the song." and we were like, "what song?" "The Dunkin Donuts theme song." he replied with a laugh. hmmm... everybody thinks they're a comedian in Chicago. So although Mel was a bit stumped trying to recall the official Dunkin Donuts theme song... I said... sure. Ready? One Two Three! "Dunkin Donuts is the best... Dunkin Donuts is the best... It's so tasty good and we want to drink your coffee!!!" We sang in semi-unison.

The crazy Chicago donut-guys clapped and gave us the best free coffee we had all week, and told us not to quit our day-jobs just yet.

I guess those improv classes paid off... with tasty goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home