Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Monday, August 30, 2004

I'm tired. I don't understand why I don't sleep well at night. Whenever I try to go to bed at a reasonable hour I just lay there and feel uncomfortable. It's starting to affect my work. I slept through my alarm again today. I've tried lots of different things to get to sleep earlier. Music, TV, silence, darkness, light, reading, drugs, other drugs, and no matter what time I hit the hay, I just can't seem to wake up before 9am! The only thing that works is when I sleep on the couch and my mom wakes me up with her noisiness getting ready for work, but she HATES it when she finds me on the couch in the morning. I don't know what to do.

My bedroom is in the oldest, darkest corner of the house. I get no light in there in the morning. It's like sleeping in a cave. So I hibernate... and therefore am perpetually late for work.

On special occaisions I set multiple alarms. The first alarm goes off and my whole body hurts, like I got into a fight in my dreams and somebody kicked the crap out of me. So I stretch and yawn and rub my aching muscles and hit the snooze. The second alarm goes off and I get startled out of a really good dream... so I shut it off and try to remember the details of the dream so I can write it down. Then of course I am unconcious again then the emergency THIRD alarm goes off and I yell, "Holy CRAP!" and fall out of the bed onto the floor and search for my glasses and pants. Then I feel my hair to see if it needs a washin and ponder one of life's greater debates... is it more important to be punctual or hygenic?

I wish I could be both.

I wish I could show up on-time AND clean on a regular basis. How do people do it? I don't understand.

Maybe I should setup a hidden camera in my room so I can see who is pummeling the snot out of me while I sleep. Maybe it's time to fight back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home