Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Monday, August 09, 2004

Greetings from Chi-town everyone.

Mel and I were giddy as school girls yesterday...maybe because we ARE school girls... as we rode the L into the city. The L is not as clean or spacious as the Metro, but I almost peed myself with excitement when I heard someone playin the blues on a harmonica in the hallway underground as we were transferring trains. Turns out the sound was coming out of a rather tall, rather pale, white man. He seemed like he was in his 60s and looked like he belonged in an accounting firm, not in a Chicago subway tunnel. Ahhh... but the wonderful windy city does not descriminate and who am I to argue? I think it's wonderful that a disgruntled accountant can sit on the floor in a subway tunnel on Sundays with his harmonica and make some spare change as well as entertain the tourists. As long as he declares all his income.

We went to see the Second City Mainstage last night. It was funny. But they crowded all of us students from the workshop into the back of the room like sardines and we could hardly breathe. That's a good way to get to know 20 people you just met. It smelled kinda funny.

Melissa and I did a LOT of walking yesterday. It seems that internet cafes are not as popular as they are in Cuernavaca or South Beach so I don't think I'll be able to update you as often as I would like.

We had lunch at this place that advertised "Italo-Judaic cuisine" Yes, I was curious as well. Apparently that means meatball subs and potato latkes. It was damn good. It was pretty dead in there and the owner asked us what we were doing in town as we paid the bill and we told him about the workshop and he took back the bill and gave us 15% off as SC students and refused to let us tip him in return for us promising to bring our classmates back. Sweet.

Our room at the hostel is modest and clean. We are both really glad we went with the private bathroom just because of the privacy factor. And we are both really glad we came here together because it's a long lonely walk home after the shows at night.

By the way it was really easy to switch flights with Independence Air. I got on the earlier flight with Mel no problem and the girl at the counter even sat us next to each other. We made friends with the flight attendant and he got our autographs "just in case."

OK gotta go. I'm using the one and only computer in a densely populated Hostel and everyone else is starting to wake up.

TTYL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home