Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Well I'm meeting up with Mel at Dulles in 4 hours. Am I packed? Mostly. I keep forgetting the basic stuff like toothbrush, and shampoo... but I have had the blank audio tapes and sidewalk chalk in my suitcase all day. Why? If you need to ask... you obviously don't know me as well as you thought.

I've decided that good improv is like crack, and I'm willing to do almost anything to get a fix. But we won't talk about that here and now.

I had a really good, yet exhausting day today. You know what? Before I was always given the impression that actors are a bunch of back stabbing, cold hearted, scavengers out to get eachother and win at all costs. But my recent experiences have found this to be untrue. Today I randomly encountered 5 of my fellow actors at various times throughout the day, and I was SO happy to see them, and they seemed genuinely happy to see me as well. I really love my fellow GMU Players Alumni and it makes my day to hear that they are doing well.

I feel like if all the actors in DC were on a reality show, the GMU Players would band together in an alliance to vote everyone else off the island. Then of course when we were the only ones left we would fight each other to the death, but there would still be a sense of pride that one of our own won the bajillion dollars. And maybe the winner would spend a small amount of the prize money on a midnight barbeque at Van Dyck Park. We would dance the night away all bloody and mangled from the fight.

And Michael would play the Djimbe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home