Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I was chatting about politics online and someone put up this link about the difference between "civil unions" and "marriage" in the eyes of the law. I think it's really interesting. A lot of people don't realise what a huge difference there is between the two. I had no idea. I thought people were just nitpicking over the symbolism of a word. Civil unions really suck.

http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/wedding/a/unionvmarriage_2.htm

I thought a civil union was just a marriage done in a court house.
It's actually a LOT less.


p.s. Obama is getting a lot of young people fired up about politics and that is friggin awesome. Whether or not he makes it to the ballot, he's already succeeded in making an impact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home