Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Seasons Greetings from the CTA!

So maybe they put the "sit" in transit, but the CTA sure knows how to do
Christmas. I had heard about the "Holiday Train" and seen it on TV, but
it is much better in person.

I was tired and cranky after rehearsal today and waited for the L for
what seemed like an hour. Suddenly this obnoxiously decorated train
pulls up with bells ringing and holiday music blasting and an open air
train car with elves and Santa just sitting and waving. It was surreal,
I was at the L station, minding my own business, and Santa just pulled
up in front of me.

At first I was like, oh crap. This is so irritating. I get annoyed by
obnoxious Christmas stuff interrupting my day. But I stepped in and I
couldn't stop smiling! They had thought of everything. Even the
advertizing banners and the seats were Christmas-y! And CTA workers
were handing out candy and facepainting the kids! It was so over the
top and I loved it! Strangers on the train were all talking to each
other and everyone was laughing and taking pictures with their camera
phones.

Best Christmas experience I've had in years!
- Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home