Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Friday, August 19, 2005

Next on the John Cusack tour of Chicago

John Cusack was here:


The Music Box Theater

I happened to catch some of High Fidelity on the TeeVee last night. When it got to the part where he starts calling up his ex-girlfriends to find out how he screwed up (the blonde movie critic to be exact), I noticed as they exited the movie theatre... that it's MY movie theatre! Right down the street!! So I took a pic on my way to work for those of you with mouths agape in disbelief.

I've seen two movies there! Actually one and a half. I saw March of the Penguins, and then I started to go see a midnight showing of "Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo" with Jackie and Mel, but when we found out it would cost almost $10 to see it in the tiny 2nd theatre instead of the big screen we decided a rental and a big screen TV would make more sense. And besides, why the heck were we going to pay $10 to see "Breakin 2" anyways? And SOBER at that?

The big theatre is beautiful. It's a lot like the Uptown in D.C. or the Byrd in Richmond.

So ...NOW who's coming to visit me in Chicago? (ahem...Danni?)

- Megan

1 Comments:

  • At August 20, 2005 4:25 PM, Blogger Danni said…

    D'oh!!! A little piece of John and I'm not there to appreciate it. Dammit!!! Too bad Nextel/Sprint isn't headquartered in Chicago - I would move there in a NANOSECOND. But now that I have the new wheels, maybe I'll break them in on a nice little road trip to Chi-Town at some point in the future...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home