Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, May 29, 2004

We arrived in Nassau as we slept, but we had no idea because we have an inside cabin so behind the curtain above my bed there is nothing but a wall. We opened the curtain to pretend anyway.

Our cabin steward's last name is Ho. So he told us to call him "Ho ho ho" So of course we do. When we came back to our rooms after our fancy dinner we found mints and our covers turned down for us... we jumped up and down on the beds singing "we love Ho ho ho!!!"

We finally got ourselves out into the sunlight around 10am. We wandered around Nassau for a couple hours and had lunch with a pirate. Maggie took a picture. It's fun to see Danni's first experience with another country. She is flabbergasted by the palm trees. And this morning at breakfast she looked out and said, "That's a wierd bird, I've never seen one like that before" like it was a mutated seagull or something. I was snarky and said, "yeah it's like a different species or something." I know my sciency friends are saying well maybe it is related to a seagull... but shut up... nobody cares.

The view from the internet lounge is bright and sunny... it definitely beats all the internet cafes I saw in Mexico. There is cheezy lounge music coming from the next room. The boat rocks slowly and makes me sleepy.

Many of you may be saying... "Isn't this a singles cruise? Aren't you supposed to be out hunting men or something? We've definitely made some friends so far. The three of us sat with a repo man at the comedy club last night and the abundance of middle aged women on the ship have turned out to be a blessing in disguise because some bring sons with them. At dinner it turns out they seated us by age. So we met some great people that way. They played this "lock and key" game yesterday but it was kind of lame because each key opens up like 6 different locks and vice versa. Each time the lock got opened you got a raffle ticket, and the raffle prizes were more stupid singlescruise.com t-shirts - which all of us already have.

Whatever.

Yeah so the camp factor is super high on this trip. So much cheezyness. I'm embracing it though. We did some salsa-dancing in the "Diamonds are Forever" lounge last night, and I wanted to do kareoke but we got to the "Stars Bar" just as they were wrapping things up.

Tonight there is a cocktail party with a bigband. I'm super psyched. I have to go primp now with my girls. I'll try to write again tomorrow.

Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home