Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Monday, September 04, 2006

So I was just browsing the internet, as I sometimes do, and I found a little message board forum for George Mason students and alumni. The only alumni posting was asking folks where they are now. The poster had mentioned that he is still in NoVA and so the few subsequent replies were all regarding location. Like, "I'm in Atlanta but thinking about moving to Charlotte."

I don't know why that bothers me.

Maybe because in the current age of global communication I don't see how location matters as much as it used to. Also, who friggin cares what town you moved to? What I want to know in that kind of forum is what you've done with your education? Where have you gone career-wise? Or if not that, have you started a family? Or joined a cult? Or wandered alone in the mountains?

"Where are you now?"
Its such a loaded question. It pains me that so many people responded with such mundane answers. I just don't understand how so many people can go through life with their eyes closed.

That's like answering "I'm in my home, typing on a computer." I would have actually prefered that answer because that would have been an honest assessment. Answering by just stating the name of the city you are in, without any kind of modifying details implies a lack of commitment to how your life is going. If you don't really like "where you are" and you don't want to share how inadequate you feel about how far you've come since graduation, then why would you take the time to post useless facts about your geographic location?

The internet is a crazy thing.

The fact that you are still reading this, is a crazy thing.

and WHY oh WHY do people post blogs on MySpace and then set them to private? If you don't want other people to read it, then save it to your hard drive, or use one of those quaint antiquated pens they sell at the drug store, and write your thoughts on a piece of paper.

This is me.
This is where I am.

I'm in Chicago.

I'm in my room, but I'm thinking about moving to the laundromat.

2 Comments:

  • At September 04, 2006 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read this entire post because what you say always makes me laugh, smile, or just go "hmmmm". So, where am I? In Reston, surfing the internet looking for casting notices and wondering what Megan is up to today.

     
  • At September 12, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger LuciJean said…

    I'm in my office in Sterling, reading Megan's blog while waiting for people at work to reply to my last 10 emails. I'm thinking of moving to McDonalds. I'm thinking of moving to Prague too. But a Snack Wrapper is cheaper.
    Love you. xoxox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home