Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thoughts from El train

I'm about to wet myself, the people around me have no idea how cool this
scruffy girl in the wrinkled shirt, unwashed hair, and glasses REALLY
is. For tonight, on my last night in "The Lottery" among other awesome
improvisers from the Second City Mainstage and other cool places, I get
to play on stage with T.J. Jagadowski. For those of you not familiar
with the Chicago improv world I will try to relate how cool this man
is. He's only THE BEST! He plays these amazing, true to life
characters that are so subtle... Freakin amazing! His two person show
"TJ and Dave" with Dave Pasquesi has sold out almost every Wednesday
night at 11pm for years!

But for those of you still not getting why I can't sit still...

Improv legend says that he's the guy who turned down Saturday Night
Live. Yep. Lorne Michaels called him and he was like, "eeeeehh...nope"
and then Tina Fey called him and asked him as a personal friend to
reconsider and TJ was like,"Tina, baby, you're sweet, but I'm cool where
I'm at." Those aren't direct quotes, but that's how it got relayed to
me.

He was supposed to replace Will Ferrell, and I'm performing with him
tonight. Wheeeee!

Yeah!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home