Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Saturday, April 24, 2004

I had a dream last night that while cracking my knuckles I accidentally pulled off my finger tip. It was painful. there was oddly no blood. I put it back on for a little while and went about my business, because you see I was at a GMU Players show and I was doing the presidently things that I always do.

Then I was nervous about something, can't recall what, and I started to play with my fingers agian, and it came off again. then I couldn't get it back on. I tried to take care of it myself. but it hurt so bad. I went into the theatre lounge to call 911 but then I just started screaming. One of the theatre teachers walked by and saw me freaking out and said, yeah, what are you doing here? you need to go to the emergency room. Another teacher heared the commotion and came over and was like yeah, whoah, that's a nice clean cut, they can probably reattach that. I said, I heard it's best to put it on ice, and the first one said, yeah, lets get you some ice for that.

To get the ice we had to walk through the mainstage production going on in Theatrespace. The cast seemed to be made up of a combination of the Venus cast and the Loves Labors Lost cast and a few friends of mine from my pre-GMU days. I didn't want anyone to see my crying so I held my fingertip and walked with my head down. I started to get lightheaded either from the gross-out factor or the loss of invisible blood. Passing by people behind the blacks, they would pat me on the shoulder or smack my butt and say good game, or ask me how I was doing. I'd tell them I was fine.

Finally one of my friends could tell I was lying and she was like, you don't look fine. So I showed her my dismembered fingertip, and she said, J.C. what the hell are you still doing here, Megan??? I said, getting ice. She's like, somebody should be doing that for you! You need to go to the emergency room! So finally the professor came back with the ice and ironically enough a few highball glasses. I put my finger "on the rocks" and held a few cubes in my hand and went outside to head for the emergency room.

Suddenly I was alone. The cool friend had to go onstage so she couldn't come with me. I wandered across the grass at school, but it wasn't GMU, it looked more like Catholic University because there were open grassy areas but we were definitely in the city.

I recognised another friend with her car, and I said, can you give me a ride? please? and she said I have to be on stage in a few minutes and I want to smoke first. I said it's really important and she said, sorry I'm making a cigarrette run, we can hang out later. And she drove off, and I fell on the grass with my decapitated finger and just screamed in pain. Then I pulled myself up and started walking to the hospital.

The cool friend, who seemed more like a combination of a couple of my trustworthy real life friends, found me stumbling down the street and again was like, what the hell are you doing? Why aren't you at the hospital? I said, I don't have any money for a cab. She felt bad and said, I don't either, but I'll walk with you. So we walked through the city as fast as we could. We walked through this block that was full of cool little theatres, it was how I imagine London. All the shows were letting out at the same time. There were all these women with furs and men bringing the car around to meet them. I asked for a ride to the hospital and none of them heard me. My cool friend was like, come ON Megan!

I said, I had no idea this existed! All these theatres in a row, it's so beautiful! And she made a sarcastic comment about it being beautiful when my finger was reattached. We finally got to a hospital right next to the Capitol building in DC. We walked in to the front desk, which vaguely resembled the DMV, and then we couldn't stop laughing. My friend and I were so happy to finally be at the hospital that we couldn't talk. The nurses thought we were just a couple of kids pulling a prank. One was like, EXCUSE ME! Can I HELP you young ladies??? in an angry tone. My cool friend said, yes, my friend has a little problem. and she forced me to show my finger to the nurse.

The nurse was a little surprised and grossed out and was like why didn't you say so?! So she got the team to take me to the trauma room and then I woke up. I found that I had all fingertips intact, but that I had been sleeping on my hands and couldn't feel some of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home