Meegland

Megan Kelleher - Actress, Nerd, etc.

Upcoming MeegShows!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good Weather! / New Language

Chicagoans jump at the chance to be outdoors on a sunny day! I'm still
wearing layers and gloves, but it feels like summer. Here are some
views of North Ave Beach, Navy Pier, and The Hancock Building with the
Drake Hotel below.

No, I don't have a day off. I'm working at Second City all day. I just
had a few hours between shifts, and since I rode my bike to work I
thought I'd go out and enjoy life!

Before I left work, there were a group of actors congregated in the
lobby, and in overhearing their conversations I realized that Chicago
improvisers speak in a unique language. One of you stepping into an
improv/sketch rehearsal would be like me wandering into an operating
room. "Who's got the Bizco RO?" or "I did a barprov at that place with
my IO level 4s" makes perfect sense to me, but to civilians it might
sound just like, "I need an EKG, and 30 cc's of DDT, STAT!" does to me.
(Yeah, I know what DDT is)
- Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home